Head of Procurement & Stores #[JD 99]
Operations - Procurement and Corporates Support
Doha QatarFull Time Experience : 10 years
Posted Date : 16/05/2023 End Date : 15/07/2023
- Negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Strategic planning.
- Cost estimation and analysis skills.
- Compliance management.
- Managing change skills
- Team management skills
- Strong personal skills with the ability to communicate across all levels.
- Responsible for managing the procurement of required materials, equipment, services, and products while ensuring compliance with applicable procurement policies and procedures; and guaranteeing that procurement is accomplished at the best cost and quality; and delivered in timely manner.
- This will include strategic elements such as identifying the sourcing model, expenditure analysis and strategic partnerships, as well as tactical elements such as contract management, contract negotiation and finalization.
Responsibilities and job role
- Review and share the annual procurement plan prepared by the procurement team in coordination with various departments to meet QSL requirements of products, services, and equipment throughout the year.
- Oversee all procurement activities and ensure compliance with rules and procedures; conduct procurement operations at the best cost and quality while ensuring timely implementation; submit the procurement plan monitoring report to the Director.
- Supervise the coordination and facilitation of processing the suppliers' payments with the Finance department; and provide full documentation
- Develop and manage the procurement team performance; set development plans and evaluations.
- Ensure that suppliers' services comply with the terms of the contract.
- Set, announce, and implement the section’s long -term goals for enhancing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supervise the development and management of procurement contracts.
- Conduct an annual evaluation of suppliers in coordination with the requesting department.
- Ensure that all the records of QSL equipment/properties designated for individual employees are updated.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any related field.
- A Master's degree in Supply Chain Management or any related subject is an advantage.
Knowledge and experience:
- Ten years of relevant experience in procurement management that includes 3 years in supervisory jobs.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Advanced skills in MS Office.